Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The day I headed back to Alicante

This was quite an interesting day... We had been staying at one of my friends friend's house... and he had 5 guy roommates. Well this particular morning I woke up to one of them puking at 5am in the morning and the house REEKING of vomit. I should have known what the day would entail when it starts off that way.

Well I got to the bus stop at about 5:15am (I needed to take the bus into Rome - this was about a 45 minute drive)... so I waited and I waited... no bus. I was waiting for the "H".... 5:45am came around and a "n8" came by... I played my luck got on that bus and somehow made it to the center of town. Once I got there, I waited for a shuttle to take me to the airport (another 45 minute drive). Got to the airport (mind you I was wearing 9 shirts and 3 pairs of pants.... another story.... hehe) and the flight was delayed for about 3 hours. Finally, the plane took off and we landed in "Barcelona" or so I thought. The airline I had purchased my ticket thru called it "Barcelona" but in fact they landed us about an hour and a half outside of Barcelona in a city called Girona. Guh. So once in Girona I found a bus to take me to Barcelona..... So I was now in Barcelona but I needed to be at the train station. Instead I was at the bus station. So from the bus station, I took the metro to the train station where I got lunch and then took a 4hr and 40min train ride to Alicante.

It was one heck of a day... and one I will never forget. All in all, I took a public bus, a shuttle, a plane, another bus, a metro, and a train.... all in one day. I left the house at 5am and got home around 9pm. Shiz. :)

2 comments:

lindsay e. s. said...

hah something like that happened to me in amsterdam. thats when you know you are a grown up!

yeh i avoided flying out of girona, too much of a hassle. but i picture the bus station, the metro, the train station... ah.. too bad you didn't get off on the bus stop that is the train station too :)

Jenna Ptacek said...

Yeah it was quite an experience!! hehe.

It was a shuttle bus. :( I didn't have a choice where to exit in Barcelona. :(