So you guys didn't have to wait very long; I would have to say this was probably my favorite city of the trip (not in total, but of this 2 week vacation where I went to Paris, Amsterdam, Belgium, and Rome). Maybe it's because I did not have high expectations of this place. I was expecting something dirty and gross... and I thought that I would want to leave right away. Instead, it was the exact opposite. Amsterdam is BEAUTIFUL. It is surrounded by water, it is green, it is calm, the people are so nice, everyone speaks English and Dutch so there was no communication barrier. I was all in all very impressed with Amsterdam. Back home it has such a derogatory rhyme to it that I was almost afraid to go. hehe. Which in truth, Amsterdam has it's unwanted areas, but so does every city.
When you're in Amsterdam, you have to be careful while you are walking... the whole time you have to be on a look out for bike riders (it's like a profession there), cars, buses, and the tram. I came to the conclusion, that if I was going to be hit by one I would prefer the bike... so I made sure to put the others on priority of not to get hit by and in truth I did almost get nailed a few times by bikers. Hehe. I think I heard them yell a curse word or two and then follow it with "tourists." Hehe. Oh well.
We went to the Anne Frank House. This was incredible, and quite moving. Anne Frank and her family were brilliant. You can actually see where they hid (went to the bathroom, etc.), and it talks about how they had to keep quiet and who helped them, etc. It was pretty neat.
We also took the canal cruise around the city. The good thing about that is you see everything, the bad thing is that you don't remember every single thing you saw!! hehe.
Amsterdam is also famous for their french fries with ketchup and mayonnaise. This was yet another amazing food experience. Hehe.

No comments:
Post a Comment