Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Madfinedwire

Madrid - Finals - Edward - Ireland = Madfinedwire :)
Wow! Sorry it's been so long I feel like I have been cheating on Mr. Blog! Hehe. Anyways all is going well here, I've just had a busy couple of weeks. Let me see where to begin. Well, I went to Madrid! Madrid is also very similar (and different) to Alicante, but surprisingly Madrid is quite different from Barcelona. I think this is mainly due to the face that in Barcelona many of the people speak Catalon. This is not exactly Spanish - it's a version of Spanish (if that makes any sense at all).

While in Madrid, we did many things. First we went to the Museo Nacional del Prado. This is Spain's premier museum. It is a seemingly endless parade of priceless orks from Spain and beyond. The collection is divided into 8 major collections: Spanish paintings, Flemish paintings, Italian paintings, French paintings, German paintings, sculptures, decorative arts, and drawings and prints. As a whole, I enjoyed this museum the most. It was HUGE and so passionate inside. You could see all the talent that lied within the walls. It was quite a site to see! My favorite piece of artwork was in the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia. It is home to Picasso's famous Guernica. It took my breath away (and to be honest I'm really not very artsy fartsy. hehe.) This piece of art is his protest of the German bombing of the Baqe town of Guernica durng the Spanish Civil War in 1937. Unfortunately, you can't take pictures in either of these museums.

Next I visited the Palacio Real. This is King Juan Carlos I's official residence (though no one actually lives here); you can visit 50 of its 2800 plus rooms. I asked where I could sign up to live in one of the rooms - they laughed. :D Right next to the Palacio is the Catedral de Nuestra Senora de la Almudena. Another beautiful castle in Europe. There seem to be soooo many cathedrals here! :) They are all so unique in their own way - it's amazing. From there I went and saw the Parque del Buen Retiro. This is HUGE and lovely. I also took a stroll over to Plaza Mayor. This is where a lot of people like to hang out. :) I really enjoyed Madrid. :)

When I got back from Madrid, I had finals to study for. Every month I have a different class. This month I have class everyday from 11am to 3pm (before I had it from 8am-12pm). I'm a lil bummed about that (kinda screws up spending all day at the beach), but I'm not gonna lie - I love sleeping in!! :)

The past few days I have been in my own little world. I fell in love with a vampire - Edward. Yes, it sounds crazy, but I am head over heals whooped. It's just too bad he's a fictional character from a book. If you have not read the Twilight series - you are missing out! Be ready for it to rock your world. Hehe. It rocked mine. :) Needless to say, over the past few days I read the entire series. I am sad it's over, but at the same time I'm kinda glad to have my life back. Hehe.

This weekend I'm going to Ireland!! I AM SOOO EXCITED! I will let you know how it goes!!

I promise to blog again soon. :) Love you all! And miss you all!

As for the pics - the first one is living proof a how good a time it is here; I'm making some life long friends. :) The next one is a piece of artwork outside the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, and the final pick is of the Catedral next to the Palacio. :)

No comments: