Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Less than 2 months!!!


Hi Everyone!

How are you all doing? Life is good here. I can't believe I have less than 2 months here left. Time is flying by. I miss you all, but I would have say that earlier this week I really missed home. They say that there are stages to "studying abroad." Before, I was almost a little worried that I wasn't going thru any stages! Hehe. But sure enough, I am. :)

Although, I am now back to loving life here!! :) This weekend I'm going on a 3 day walk called the "Senda del Poeta." This is a walk from Orihuela to Alicante commemorating the birth of one of Spain's most respected poetas, Miguel Hernandez. Thousands of people participate and the towns and cities along the route welcome participants with food, music, and readings of the poet's work. I am pretty excited. We shall see how it goes!!

I've been watching a lot more Spanish TV. I watched Family Guy the other day. It was pretty funny. Hearing the dog speak spanish though just cracks me up. "Mi madre" also really likes the cooking channel. So we were watching a few of those shows. These cooking channels aren't anything like American cooking channels. They are quite entertaining. The cooks sing and stuff. Hehe.

I made Ranch! Well I should say, I attempted to make Ranch. hehe. As many of you know, I am an addict to Ranch.... and they don't have it here in Spain. Well needless to say there are reasons why they don't. Their milk here isn't quite the same as ours..... :) Puri didn't seem tooooooooo impressed. Hehe.

I'm not sure I mentioned it, but I am doing Lent. I gave up candy. I am struggling with this, but so far I have been good. They have these candy stores here, that are yummmmmmy. I walk by them everyday. Luckily I am strong. :)

American Things I Miss:
Costco - everything... and especially churros :)
QT - taquitos and french vanilla smoothies...... yummmyyyy
Ranch
Chino Bandito
Mexican Food
Pizza
Jojo's (everything.... and especially chicken wings)
Big trucks!
Country music....
Hamburgers
Reese's
Skim Milk
Football!

No comments: