My parents came to visit!! It was a blast!! They were here for about 4 days and I loved every minute of it. We accomplished everything that I wanted to and had an amazing time doing it.
The first day I picked them up at the airport and took them to the hotel. It was really fun for me to be with them because I got to go through all the emotions of seeing Alicante for the first time all over again with them. They even noticed many things that I hadn't.
So we did all of my favorite things. When I picked them up from the airport, I brought them the notorious Spanish licorice and some of the best cheetos I have ever tasted in my life. After we got things settled in their hotel, we walked around Alicante. I told them about many of the different places and some different experiences I had in each of the places. I showed them Corte Ingles. Whic
Our first meal was one of my favorites here. And although it isn't a "Spanish food." I have never tasted one better in any part of the world. We had a Kebap. It was DELICIOUS. Then for dinner we went and got tapas and icecream. My parents loved tapas and let's be honest they were one of the best Spanish inventions ever!!! Tapas are similar to appetizers - you walk into a restaurant and they have hundreds of tapas out for you to choose and you pay for each one individually. And they are GOOD!!! My parents also really liked the ice cream here. :)
Every morning we had a very healthy breakfast. Hehe. The first morning we had crepes. They were filled with nutella and bananas. Right then and there my mom fell in love with Nutella. :) She and I quote, "where can we get this back home?". Hehe. Later that day, we went to the University I go to
We spent a good amount of time going in different shops and doing different little things. It worked out great that they had done London before they came to me, so that way they had figured out what they needed to buy for the rest of their journey. We got everything accomplished. :)
Another morning we got churros and chocolate from Valor. This is the BEST chocolate in town. I think this was my mom's favorite meal. Hehe. We also went to our market. This is quite a site when you have never seen one before. It is similar to an outdoor market, but it is almost all food.
We went to the beach one day and my parents touched the Mediterranean Sea! It's crazy to think that it's not the ocean. And of course, they saw that Alicante is a half nudist beach - tops are optional. I wanna know why this is?!?! Ridiculous! Hehe.
One afternoon, we had lunch at my house. It was delicious. Puri cooked my favorites - chicken paella and croquetas! Two of Puri's sons came and joined us (Manolo and Antonio) - they both know English so the language barrier wasn't really there. We would just update Puri on what was being said so she could also talk. My parents had a blast at the house. Puri's family is soooo nice. I got soooo lucky. :) We all ended up talking for 3 hours! It was fun. :)
I finished the itinerary
My parents had a lot of fun while they were here and I'm so glad they came. :)

1 comment:
Yay! I'm so glad everyone had fun!
Post a Comment