Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ptacek(va)


So I was informed today that I have been wrong my entire life. And many of you reading this have also been wrong. :) Hehe. I have always referred to myself as a "Ptacek" but this is incorrect. I (like many of you) am a "Ptacekva." I'm not sure if I spelt that right, but I was in class today and I was talking to some students from the Czech Republic. They were first surprised that I knew where it was (I guess many students have not ever heard of Czech) and they were even more surprised that my last name was Czech. :) But then they told me "Ptacek" is a "little boy bird" and since I am a girl, my name would be "Ptacekva" for "little girl bird." Hehe. Kinda funny, eh? I think I need to work on getting my birth certificate changed! ;) JK :)

Today, I rowed in a boat on the Mediterranean Sea! It was the coolest thing ever. We rowed for about two hours, and now as I'm writing you I feel like my arms are going to fall off! Hehe. But it was well worth it. :)

The pic above is of me and Erin in our Carnival costumes. This past week was Carnival; this is very similar to Halloween back home. We were birds. :) It fit well being a "Ptacekva." Hehe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenna.....is this really a "school" trip? You are having entirely too much fun. Keep it up! I'm living vicariously through you! Can't wait to hear about the next adventure.
Love ya Ptacekva!
Shell.