
Some of the differences here really make me chuckle sometimes. Yesterday, I went looking for hair ties... these are on nearly every corner at every store back home. But here... I went to 4 hair shops looking for hair ties and could not find any! I finally found a little packet of 6 (something similar to what we have back home), and paid 5 Euros for them... I just laughed and paid. This is about 6 dollars. For the guys reading this, usually hair ties are about a dollar? Spain isn´t really much more expensive than the US. Some things are cheaper and some things are more expensive. I just thought it was funny to pay 5 Euros for 6 hair ties. I bet they are made of gold or something and I don´t even know it. Hehe.
Another difference here is their keyboards - right now I am at the University library and I find myself backspacing a lot because of the differences of the keyboard. I would say that about 70% of the keyboard is the same as ours, but the other 30% is different. Maybe one day I will type it how I normally would and see if anyone can decipher what I am saying. Hehe.
Everyday I have class from 8-12pm. I really like my teachers. They keep everyone´s attention which says something when we have to sit there for 4 hours everyday! When I say everyone, I mean all of us international students. There are Japanese kids in our class, French kids, Chinese kids, Russian kids, and us Americans. To say the least we have some interesting conversations in this class. But the cool thing is that the only way we can all communicate is through Spanish!
I am also taking a dance class here. I am learning Salsa and Maranguay. I had my first class on Monday. It was a lot of fun. Everyone here dances - mostly Salsa. We will see how much I learn when I go out on the weekends. I will keep you posted. Hehe.
I eat fruit here like it´s no one´s business. It is crazy the amount of fruit the Spaniards eat. I love it. :-D
I almost forgot to tell you - this past weekend when we were in London we spent about 2 hours looking for the London Bridge. We were able to find the ¨Tower Bridge¨ but we could not find the ¨London Bridge¨ for the life of us. We were looking for something HUGE and GRAND. In my head I had pictured something similar to the Golden Gate Bridge... I mean we have a song about this bridge (London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down... London Bridge is falling down, my fair lady...). We finally found it... we had walked past this bridge about 5 times, because it looks like a typical highway bridge. We were a bit disappointed because we were expecting something a little more extravagant... but we couldn´t help but laugh that we had looked for 2 hours for a bridge that we had walked past 5 times. :)
The ¨Extravagant¨ Bridge in London is called the Tower Bridge. :) We found this out the hard way. :) But I guess so did the USA. A friend told me that the USA wanted to buy the ¨London Bridge¨ a while back and they did (one similar and it is now in Lake Havasu); but the USA really thought that they were buying the Tower Bridge. Hehe. They did not realize that the London Bridge was the smaller one. So we´re not the only one´s who made this mistake. :)

3 comments:
Tina would go broke on hair ties! She leaves them everywhere. hehehe And you have one on your wrist most of the time so be careful someone doesn't mug you for it. Do you remember Cole collecting them on the play ground when he was a little boy and bringing them home for his girls?
oops, the previous comment was from you mother, I am not sure how I got anonymous. I am a little computer challenged!
I was like... gosh.. who knows all that besides.... lol!
Post a Comment