
I am going to recap here a little... so I don´t forget everything I have done.... :) Starting from the beginning.
1. I was stranded in the London airport during one of the worst snowstorms ever! It turned out great, but we really just wanted to see Alicante!
2. Attended (still attending) a University where 99.9% of the students/professors speak Spanish and do not know a word of English.
3. Watched Flamenco dancers in Granada - these women/men were gypsies who lived in caves! Real caves!
4. Went to the Alhambra in Granada. This Arabian castle is where the rich/political people used to live back in the day. The architecture here is unreal. This castle is up on a beautiful hill. The poor/non-political people lived down the hill in caves.
5. Saw where the King and Queen signed for Christopher Columbus to come search for India - but instead he found America. Also saw where King Fernando and Queen Isabella are buried.
6. I am currently living with a Spanish family who does not know any English, but somehow I feel like I am apart of the family. I love them.
7. I have eaten a few too many of the popular Spanish dishes. Hehe. My favorites so far are paella, the pastries (croissants filled with chocolate = to die for), bocadillos, artichokes (cooked in all sorts of ways), churros con chocolate, tea, and ice cream. My mouth is salvating just thinking about it all..... hehe
8. Nearly every day I run on the beach, and set myself free of all the worries of the world.
9. Took the killer route up to the top of the Castillo de Santa Barbara here in Alicante. My P.I.C. and I took about 7 "half-times." Hehe. Needless to say, I have not tried it again.
10. Played futbol (soccer) on the beach with some friends and with a crazy German guy who "didn't mess around." He slide tackled and only had 2 teeth. Prolly the strangest man I have met thus far - and I have met some interesting ones....
11. Made many Spanish friends
12. After nearly dying on the flight to London, we met a group of friendly police officers who were returning from a "Stag Doo" - "Bachelor Party." They made us laugh so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants. (Inside joke - "beanie minus the hat")
13. Went to London with NO PLAN (only a returning flight) - and it turned out to be the best trip ever! (Not so sure this is always a good idea - but it worked out great this time!)
14. In London - we walked lost in the streets where Jack the Ripper used to stalk his victims - kinda creeped out after we figured this out. We also walked for miles searching for Buckingham Palace, St. Paul's Cathedral, the Big Ben, the London Bridge (kind of a disappointment), the Tower Bridge (awesome), and went to mass at Westminster Abbey which had the best boys' choir that gave me the chills.
15. Had Starbucks 5 times during a period of 3 days (while in London) - mind you I drank a frappuccino in the freezing cold weather every time to satisfy the month-long craving I had. We don't have any in Alicante.
16. I'm currently taking Salsa and Maranguay - we will see how much I improve. :)
17. Ate Mexican food in Spain - not such a good idea. Hehe.
18. My favorite Spanish phrase so far - "Digame" = "Talk to me." This is how Spaniards answer the phone most of the time. Hehe.
19. I am very impressed with the clothing "style" here. Everyone is very fashionable and I am in love with the clothes here. I think I have more style here than I do at home. :) Needless to say, I go shopping often.
20. I have made some friends here, that I know will last forever. <3
21. Have fallen in love with many of the Spanish traditions like the siesta. Although my Spanish friends tell me that my "3 hour siestas" are not siestas - that's a night's sleep! Hehe. I just tell them that I'm really good at taking siestas. I make them count!
22. Have fallen in love with Alicante, Spain, London, England, Europe...

2 comments:
told you you'd love it. but-- how was barcelona?!
omg. chocolate croissants were my all time favorite. i had to start limiting myself to 1 a week bc we had the best ones at this shop on my street and at my school... it was terrible :)
omg you make me miss it so much! bahhhh!!!
I get more jealous at every post.... :-)
Post a Comment