Hi guys!
Wanted to let you all know that I made it! I'm in Alicante! It's kind of surreal that I am here. It all seems like a big dream and I will be waking up in my bed at home any minute. :) It hasn't quite clicked yet that I won't be in AZ for a while. I will let you know when that time comes. :(
Well let's see where to begin... my flight from Phoenix to London was great. Although I didn't sleep - it was smooth and the time rather "flew" by (I was able to watch a few movies :D ). The London airport is HUGE and really cool. They have a lot of different gadgets than we have - including a gum machine that gives out the chewable gum balls that brush your teeth!! The London airport was great until we got stuck there for hours upon hours........ our flight from London to Madrid kept getting delayed because of the weather and finally they canceled it. Then we stood in a line trying to get our flight rescheduled (more hours). They ended up putting us up in a beautiful hotel in London and got us on a flight straight to Alicante the next morning; which ended up working out great. That night we went and visited a local place in London. It was a lot of fun to see the London folk. Hehe. There was a group of about 12 of us, and we stuck out like sore thumbs. Not to mention that we didn't have our luggage because we were told it was with 100's of thousands of bags somewhere (hence lost). So many of us were in our comfy attire instead of "la ropa." The next morning we landed in Alicante and were taken to a hotel (we left Phoenix at 9pm Thursday, January 8th and arrived at our hotel Saturday, January 10th at 5:30am).
All the people here are pretty nice. But since we're all in a group we kinda look like tourists - and many aren't fans of Americans. :D But I'm excited to see what life will be like when I am with my fam. They will pick me up sometime tomorrow and take me to their place. :D
For now, I am gonna get some sleep. I didn't get much since this past Wednesday night (about two hours total since then til I arrived this morning) I guess it's all apart of the experience.
I'll keep ya'll posted! :) Talk to ya soon!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I keep thinking you are in your room too!
Miss ya already Jenna! I am glad that you made it! Love you!
Colton says HI! We're glad you made it (eventually) :) Hope you drop the touristy look and blend in soon. I'm sure you will!
Tell Colton and Cody I said Hi and I miss them! And I have dropped the touristy look... until I start talking... hehe. :) I hope all is well!
Miss you too Linny. :)
Post a Comment